Friday, May 25, 2007

Izzy

Izzy's History: Izzy is a pure bred Liver and White American Field Bred Pointer. She was surrendered to the rescue because she was not stylish on point to be competitive in trials. Upon coming into the rescue we could tell her puppyhood had been missed as she was so serious. It didn't take her long to learn about toys and playing with other dogs!!


Update from her forever home: Izzy has been a dream come true. This season of
hunting pheasants with her was absolutely awesome.
We shot probably 50 plus birds over her this season.
As for home life she has been a doll. She is still
a little wound up but that will come with age. I am
hoping to make her a finished gun-dog this spring so
can start running her in NSTRA come fall. I have
pics of her that I need to send to all IBR
volunteers that helped get her to me.

There are some great pics of her pointing in the field and one
of her first two pheasants that she bagged. I have
been very pleased with Izzy and she has been the
talk around my place of work after we used her at
the Christmas Party hunt on a preserve here in
Wisconsin. Also she has been extremely good with my
daughter and she tolerates the pulling of the ears
and tail. I will get those pics out soon.

Andrew

Update July 2007: Lisa,
Everything is well. I have an Innotek Invisble Fence and it works great. Izzy is doing great. Early this summer she was taken to a Pro Trainer and evaluated. He did tell me that if I register her with the AKC he would love to run her in field trials. He told me that she would win quite a few trials.

I sent pictures of her at the Field Trial Grounds in Portage. Thats were we did all her training so far. She has been finished and is now steady to wing, shot, fall.

Also I sent a pic of Izzy with my daughter, they have really bonded together well.
Thanks for checking in.

Andrew

No comments: