Sunday, March 11, 2007

Darla - now called Daisy

Darla's initial Petfinder posting: Darla is a beautiful Black and White American Field English Setter under 2 years old. She seems to be housebroken, is great with the kids and sure loves to watch those birdies!!!!! She is soft and very cuddly too--my 4 year old was lying all over her yesterday and she loved it. When she was out this morning with me the boys were riding bikes right past her and it didn't spook her at all, nor did she chase after the bikes as most doggies would do! (she was too busy watching birds!) I don't know about cats as we don't have any but she is SO birdy that she would definitely need to be tested before she was expected to behave around them! :)
Update from Darla's new home to foster mom Anne:
I just wanted to send you a quick note as I realize it has been a while. I just wanted to tell you that Daisy is working out very well. She is a real sweety and is getting along very well with our Cavalier. They have actually become very close.
Our backyard is full of squirrels, birds, sometimes deer and most recently a coyote. Daisy has now started to sit behind our air conditioner and hide so that the squirrels and birds don't see her. I have also been able to take her to a training facility to try hunting. I have been able to shoot over her and she is not gun shy. She is also a natural in the field going on point several times when we have been out.
The dog hair is a little harder to keep up with but all in all she is doing very well and very happy.
Hope all is well with you.
Jeff

No comments: